Dear Parents and Carers
All of the special schools have been in contact with the transport team. They have provided the following advice re the return to school in September. The overriding message is that if parents can, and are able to, transport their child themselves, then this is the preferred option.
Transport arrangements for September
- Transport team will be planning in the same way as they did the previous Sep (2019).
- National guidance is that social distancing is not required on LA commissioned school transport and that there is no requirement for face coverings. However, if parents wish their child to have a face covering then this is fine.
- A reminder that Post 16 parents need to reapply for transport .
- The team have a leave embargo in the last week of August and the first two weeks of September to enable arrangements to be in place, so will be contactable during that time.
- Advice still remains if parents can transport then this would be welcomed. Please get in touch with the transport team if this is your preferred option.
- Transport Budget is usually 25p per mile and would cover 4 journeys each day. (To school and return home in the morning and to school and return home in the afternoon.)