to our school website! I am very pleased and proud to share with you the wonderful opportunities and adventures we offer here at Pathfield School.
Our school is a welcoming, thriving community where staff, children and parents work closely together to ensure that all of our students receive the best education and care that we are able to offer. We, as a team, are wholeheartedly committed to understanding the needs of each individual child, promoting their safety and welfare every day of the year. It is the aim of all of our staff and Governors, that our children are happy coming to school, they enjoy their learning and that we work together to create good memories for each child which they will treasure into the future.
Above all else, we want our children to experience as many opportunities as they can. This is achieved through a curriculum that is both creative and innovative, where learning is brought to life by carefully planned opportunities that engage, excite and enthuse the children. This allows each pupil to achieve their full potential and develop into proud young adults ready to spread their wings and fly.
The Governor’s Aims
- ensure that Pathfield school works on the basis of a culture of praise and support for all, where expectations are both ambitious and challenging, developing a culture of resilience
- work closely with partner agencies, including Adult Services, Children Services and Health to ensure best possible outcomes for children and young people
- have purposive(*) interactions with all parents / carers, ensuring the collective voices of child, family and all agencies are heard
- develop the role of a dedicated Family Liaison worker to facilitate the above, exploring ways to include families with pre-school children who use Portage
- ensure that the language we use in reports including Education, Health and Care Plan’s is accessible to all
- ensure that the curriculum is meaningful, enterprising and allows culture capital(**) for success, using our space creatively to meet need
- embrace new ideas such as ‘Purposeful Systems’
- starting the preparation for adulthood on entry to school
- meet the challenges of tight budgeting with creativity and innovation
- ensuring all parties recognise that the financial health of school is their business helping us to remain financially secure
(*) Purposive – serving or effecting a useful function, though not as a result of planning or design
(**) Culture capital – a high level of enlightenment as a result of extensive training and exposure to learning.