As we move to the next stage of Covid-19 restrictions easing, every adult in Devon is now being encouraged to take a quick, lateral flow test for coronavirus at least twice a week to help stop the virus spreading.
Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 don’t have any symptoms but can pass it on. Regular testing helps identify those who are likely to have the virus, unknowingly and is essential to help stop the virus spreading and to protect one another.
Getting a rapid test is fast and convenient providing a result within the hour. Anyone over 18 can now access these tests in Devon, including:
- being tested at one of our many mobile rapid testing sites
- collecting home test kits from any of the mobile rapid testing sites
- collecting home test kits from NHS testing locations and pharmacies that are part of the Pharmacy Collect Scheme
- having home test kits from the NHS delivered to your home
People with symptoms -new and continuous cough, high temperature, or change to their usual sense of taste or smell- should still immediately self-isolate and arrange a PCR test via the NHS.
Test and Trace Support Payments
If you or a child needs to self-isolate, you might be able to get a Test and Trace Support payments of £500 if either:
- you have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19) and you cannot work from home
- you’re the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate and you need to take time off to look after them
You must be employed or self-employed to get the payment. Further details and eligibility can be found here.
Applications for the support payment is made via the local council.