Pathfield is a vibrant Special School covering a wide catchment area in rural Devon. Our pupils are children and young people aged 3-19 years with severe, profound and complex needs including autism. Our numbers have just been increased to 186 including 16 places in a secondary age discrete SEMH unit – Pathways. The school increased its estate to include an off-site Unit for Pathways, just a 10 minute walk from the main site. The main site is currently in the process of having 2 additional classrooms constructed for our rising numbers of Foundation Stage children.
Due to our increase in pupil numbers, we are seeking an enthusiastic Deputy Head whose primary responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that teaching is ambitious, structured and sequenced
- To ensure that the curriculum is broad and rich and reflects the diverse needs of all our learners helping them to prepare for life in modern Britain
- To ensure that EHCPs are embedded into personalised learning
- To ensure outdoor learning, understanding the local environment, adventurous activity and creative activities enrich the learning of all pupils
- To co-ordinate and line-manage a team of subject / area specialists and play a vital role in our journey to an overall outstanding school.
- To support local schools through outreach, and the transitions of pupils to Pathfield
- To further develop effective links with parents
- To cascade information from Ofsted to all relevant staff
You will need to be calm and flexible, an excellent team player and committed to supportively encouraging excellence.
The ability to see an overall long term picture and be able to work within this to motivate teams to achieve it is key to this role.
Ofsted has consistently rated Pathfield as a good school with areas of outstanding provision.
You will need to be committed to the safeguarding of our pupils which encompasses all their complex health and welfare needs.
You will need to be confident in fluent English in order to interact with staff, pupils with a wide range of communication needs, parents, and other Stakeholders.
Salary range from Point 12-17 depending on experience.
Closing date for applications 10am on MONDAY 1st MARCH 2021.
Applications to be sent to Jackie Hamill School Business Manager at: email@example.com
Informal Visits – You are very welcome to visit Pathfield School, following the most recent Covid guidelines. Please book a visit by emailing Roz Dunn PA to SLT at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on MONDAY 22nd MARCH 2021.