We aim to promote an Ethos that:
- Facilitates Total Communication and Interaction to ensure that we provide a basis for life-long learning through which everyone can be challenged to achieve their potential and exceed their expectations.
- Builds respect, fosters self-worth, dignity and up holds the rights of the individual so that they can achieve, with the appropriate facilities for their unique needs, to enhance independence in adult life.
- Embraces cultural diversity in all its forms to develop community spirit and cohesion.
- Provides teaching and learning in a creative, valued, practical and fun way appropriate to each individual.
- The individual, recognising their abilities and providing for specific physical, cultural, emotional and developmental needs.
- The unique difference of all individuals, recognising that their talents and abilities can be extended to develop self-confidence and independence.
- A safe, happy environment where learning is fun, stimulating and exciting.
- Teamwork. Where teaching and learning is shared by all key figures in a young person’s life, including school staff, parents, carers, governors, other professionals and agencies.
- Good communication between pupils, staff, parents, carers and other professionals recognising that it is the key to the good relationships necessary to build a safe, happy and fun learning environment.
- The quality of learning that transmits within a peer group and cohorts of children.